Thursday, January 1, 2009

Waiting On God!

"We are richly rewarded for waiting on God. He listens to the supplications of His children who put their trust in Him. But in order to have many prayers answered, a Christian must make his requests to God on the grounds and the merits and worthiness of the Lord Jesus. He must not depend on his own worthiness and merits.

Do you really believe in Jesus? Do you depend on Him alone for the salvation of your soul? Make certain that not even the least degree of your own righteousness is presented to God as grounds for acceptance. If you believe in the Lord Jesus, the things you request should be for God's honour. Suppose that we believers in the Lord Jesus make our own requests to God, suppose also that as far as we can honestly judge, the obtaining of our requests would be for our spiritual good and for the honour of God. We must then continue in prayer until the blessing is given to us. Furthermore, we have to believe that God does hear us and will answer our prayers. Frequently we fail in not continuing in prayer until the blessing is obtained and in not expecting the blessing. As assuredly as any individual uses these points, so assuredly will his requests be granted."~George Muller

2 comments:

Omah's Helping Hands said...

This is good. Our Pastor has been talkig about this very thing. Yes, leaving our lives in the hands of Christ is what we must do. To be a true and complete follower.

I have to admit, I get sidetraced at times, but He's always there to say, hey, why are you leaving me, or why are you forgetting me? He's so faithful to us. We must be the same to Him.

Since coming into the Lord, life has changed drastically. I now know that I can't live a good life without Him in it. Thanks for your great words Sam.
Blessings to you,
Tammy

Sam said...

Hi Tammy.

There are times when I sit back and fear I am making no progress in the school of God - or worse, that I am going backwards! I am the same... I find my heart is so dull and easily side tracked at times! But He always brings me back - and I am so grateful to Him for that! He is full of compassion and mercy!

There are other times when I remember where the Lord has brought me from, up and out of Egypt, and I can see the radical changes taking place in my heart, and my faith is strengthened and much joy abounds!

I am nothing without Him! I can't even love Him apart from His love for me - that's how terrible my heart is!

He is altogether wonderful! He continually amazes me...