Friday, January 16, 2009

One Day Soon

Today my earthly father is going to a funeral. Not his own, not yet, thank God, for I fear he is still unprepared!

Knowing this, I am thankful that God is full of compassion and mercy, for "He is patient with us, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

This morning I sent Dad a short message in the hope it will cause him to pause for a moment and begin to think of what awaits him when the day comes to step from time into eternity. If you have stumbled across this blog, and have no interest in the things of God - I pray you do the same!

Dad. I pray today you will reflect on the finality of death! One day soon you will be in a pine box up the front, and when that day comes, you will stand before a Holy God to be judged. Dad, unless you repent and turn to God for mercy you will perish in hell! But if you turn to Christ, He will save you! I love you Dad! Please consider these things!

For those of you who feel led, please join with me in supplication to the Father - that He would cause the light of His glorious gospel to shine forth into the deep regions of my father's heart, and bring him to repentance and faith in Christ.

4 comments:

Gabriel said...

Brother, I stumbled across your blog, and prayed for you earthly father. May his heart be softened to the Lord's message. May he be saved.

Sam said...

Thank you brother!

Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me? Jeremiah 32:27

No Lord, there is nothing too hard for you!

Stephanie said...

Found your blog from a comment on All of Grace. I'm praying for your Dad this morning. God bless.

Sam said...

Thank you Stephanie! God Bless!