Friday, May 30, 2008

A True Friend In Truth!

Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses. (Proverbs 27:6)

Please do not tell me what I want to hear,
Speak the truth loudly and have no fear,
I desire to be so much more like Christ,
So I'll listen and learn and heed good advice.

I don't want "friends" who will pat my back,
And tell me "well done" when I'm off the track,
Just be faithful and stay true to Him,
And please let me know if you see me in sin.

Your gentle instruction might save me one day,
From getting bogged down or leaving the way,
When my eyes close in death and the curtain comes down,
I'll thank God for having such sound friends around!

Your best friend is the one who will tell you the most truth! When you find one… listen to them!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that Jesus was the best example of a friend. He prayed, wept, and loved on His friends.

We endeavour to image this.