Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Chief Of Excuses

Here's a conversation between the Chief of Excuses (CE) arguing with God about going on a missions trip...

CE: God what about my house, and paying my...
God: Well sell your house. Seek first My kingdom and righteousness and these things will be given to you as well.

CE: But God, what about my Job...
God: Well quite your job, I am your provider.

CE: But my children's education, they...
God: Well home school them.

CE: But how do I know you really want me to go...
God: It is already written, I said 'Go'

CE: But I’m not qualified, how can I...
God: Lean not on your own understanding, trust in me

CE: But God, it might cost me my...
God: Well make the payment!

(I read this on a mates blog and had to re-post it! He is due to arrive in Thailand in about 11 hours with his family to begin work with orphaned children. Please keep them in your prayers... you can follow their journey here: http://missionthailand.yolasite.com)

0 comments: